SAFTD Master Instructor Workshop
SAFTD Master Instructor Workshop 2020 4 days May 2-5 2020, Huntingdon Pa 16652 Cost $695.00
10 slots only (4 left) The SAFTD HQ itself will be running this MIW.
This course will prepare the SAFTD Instructor to advance to Master Instructor. (Instructor trainer)
You must already be an SAFTD Instructor and meet the requirements to attend this class. Contact your MI if you have questions.
When you complete this class you will be able to teach: All of your current classes plus SAFE/OC spray, SAFE Instructor, Method of Instruction and Range Officer.
FBI (2019) and other LE quails. Handgun, Carbine, Shotgun. (Run by candidates observed by MI’s)
Candidates will setup and teach various levels of range courses of fire.
One handed manipulation handgun/carbine/shotgun.
Tested in unusual positions demonstrations.
Briefed and updated to all recent changes in MOI, SOP’s, RO, all other classes and the Portal.
Candidates will teach portions of MOI, RO, "Handgun-Shotgun-Carbine"1, 2, 3 level and SAFE classes.
If you are not a SAFE Instructor you will leave with that rating in addition to OC Spray.
Introduction to new SAFTD classes like Cardiac Emergencies and Basic Trauma.
Your CPR/AED and First Aid skills will be reviewed.
Evaluating a student/instructor in the classroom and on the range.
Written test, shooting and oral evaluation must perform with a 90% or higher.REQUIREMENTS:
Be a SAFTD level 2 instructor in Handgun-Carbine and Shotgun.
Must have taught or assisted with 150 students total in 30 classes.
Must have been an SAFTD Instructor for two years min.
Must be current with CPR/AED and First Aid.
Must be 21 years of age at time of class.
Must be recommended in writing to HQ by an MI.
There is also limiting the class to 10 seats for future MIW’s. There is a great deal of information to cover in just four days.
- What you need to bring:
Hearing and sight protection, Range/weather clothing. Your normal range bag and supplies (You will be running a portion of the range). Knee pads are optional and other safety equipment you use.
500 FMJ rounds handgun, 5 dummy rounds in your handguns caliber,
- Handgun (A spare is a good idea), strong side holster (no nylon), quality belt, mag holder (for two mags) 2 mags or more equal to hold 20 rounds,
- Shotgun-Pump or Semi-Automatic w/Sling (not a hunting sling “shoulder carry”) (We have loaners)
- 100 rounds 12 gauge bird shot/sport clays, 5 dummy rounds in your shotgun, sling. 5 - 00 Buck 5 - Slugs
- Carbine (Rifle)
- 100 rounds FMJ (No steel core or armor piercing)
- Three magazines (No chest rigs).
- A good idea is to being extra equipment in case you have a failure.
- Ammo will be available for purchase before at the class, please notify us of your needs 3 weeks before class.
- We can supply AR15 and Defensive Shotgun for qualification so you don’t need to ship or bring anything.
We even have a few handguns and holsters available. To use any of our firearm you must provide a State CCW, Purchase permit or DL for our due diligence.
- Laptop or Tablet with USB drive (optional but highly suggested)
- USB flash drive
If a candidates fails any section they are dismissed from the class at that point and may be allowed to reschedule.
This includes range and classroom.
NOTE: There are no refunds.