S.A.F.E. - Instructor Development Course
The SAFTD “S.A.F.E" Instructor Development Course is a one day workshop that will take the instructor candidate through the S.A.F.E. Seminar and the instructor portion of the workshop. The goal of the workshop is to teach you how to professionally and confidently conduct the S.A.F.E. Seminar in your community using the SAFTD lesson plans.
The course will be led by a Certified SAFTD Master Instructor. In the first half of the course the instructor candidate will participate in a full professional presentation of the S.A.F.E. Seminar. During the second part of the course the candidate will be participating in the instructor coursework/lesson plan. Besides bookwork the candidate can expect to participate with a hands on learning approach using the course material, slides and visual aids, while roll playing in an instructor capacity with other instructor candidates.
Listed below is a brief description of the course topics that will be covered.
- The Criminal Mindset
- How criminals select their victims
- Creating a Safe Room & Home Security Plan
- Situational Awareness and Avoidance Techniques
- Internet and Cyber Safety
- Home & Phone Security
- Carjack Avoidance Techniques
- Automobile & Travel Security
- Personal Boundaries
- Personal & Cyber Security
- Personal Defense Devices (Tasers, Stun Guns, Batons, Pepper Spray)
- Personal Safety Tools (Alarms, Whistles, Cell Phones etc)
- What to do in case of a Home Invasions and/or Burglary
- Interacting with the Police
- How to stop Sliders in their tracks
- Bump Keys and Prevention
- Security Window Film
- The 6 second garage door break-in and how to prevent it.
- Malls & Parking Garages safety concerns
- Layers of Defense and making your home a hard target.
- Mental Preparedness & Controlling Fear
- Lighting, Alarms, Dead Bolts, Windows and more
- Rape Statistics and Prevention
- Banking & ATM Scams
- Cyber-fraud & Electronic Theft
- Cyber-stalking & Cyber-bullying
- Identity Theft
- Workplace Security
- S.A.F.E. At School
- S.A.F.E. At College
- S.A.F.E. Self Defense (Products/Training)
- S.A.F.E. Seniors
- S.A.F.E. For The Disabled
Domestic Violence & Stalking
The S.A.F.E. Instructor Course will take approximately 8 hours to complete. There will be an hour lunch break in between sessions. After completing the course certificates will be finalized and handed out.