The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division's “Precision Rifle” course
is to provide the already solid based student with more advanced longer distance theory and refined shooting skills. This is not a defensive class. These classes are always small to give each student the instructor to student interaction they paid for. This class is designed for the novice long range shooter.
This rest of this series of classes however is not designed for the beginner rifle shooter. The student must have a good working understanding of their rifle and optics.
The shooters equipment must be able to hold a minimum of 3 MOA at 100 yards and must be zeroed. A number of topics will be covered in “Precision Rife", these include but are not limited to:
Click here to find: A Class Near You
Precision Rifle 1, Intro to long range out to 25-300 yards 1 day classroom, 1 day range.
• Human mechanics while shooting
• Understanding basic ballistics
• Reading weather conditions
• Compensation for variables while shooting
• Specialized equipment (Mil Dot Master)
• Optics and how they work
• How to keep DOPE books and use the information
• Tall and square live fire tests
• Dialing in at 100 yards Required Equipment
• Kim's Game
• A rifle system and ammunition capable of a 2" MOA at 100 yards.
• The shooter must be comfortable with their shooting system.
• Shooting mat
• Shooting bag or bi-pod
• Spotting scope
• Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs required).
• Sturdy Shoes, Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
• Ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo.
• Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended).
• Hydration system or Bottled water.
• Baseball Cap
• There are short breaks and a lunch break throughout the class session first day and shooting range drills.
Length of Course: 16 Hours*. We have extra equipment you can borrow for class.